Jerry Metcalf is a business and finance attorney in Holland & Knight’s Houston office. He has significant experience in structuring and documenting debt financings for both lenders and borrowers, advising privately held companies in mergers and acquisitions, and the purchase and sale of commercial and agricultural real estate.
Mr. Metcalf's experience and knowledge extends to a wide variety of both domestic and international transactions. He has advised clients on cross-border sales and acquisitions, projects and export finance transactions involving Latin America, the European Union, Australia and New Zealand. Mr. Metcalf is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Represented Korea National Oil Corporation and Ecopetrol SA in their acquisition of Petro-Tech Peruana SA, the largest operator of Peruvian offshore oil and gas properties, a $900 million transaction
- Served as counsel in the $850 million sale of the Colombian subsidiary, Omimex de Colombia, Ltd., of Omimex Resources, a Ft. Worth-based oil and gas company, to a joint venture of ONGC and Sinopec
- Represented a Texas-based manufacturing group in their acquisition of the assets of manufacturers of oil field service equipment operating in Texas, Oklahoma and Ohio and as borrower's counsel for their senior secured credit facilities
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised a privately owned company in connection with the sale of their downhole manufacturing subsidiary to a publicly traded oil field equipment company
- Advised the shareholders in the sale of their equity interests in a hydrogen tank manufacturer to a publicly traded company
- Advised the equity holders in the sale of their interests in a commercial refrigeration construction and service business to a portfolio company of private equity fund
Real Estate/Water Rights
- Represented a private equity sponsored agri-business in the sale of approximately 7,400 acres of irrigated farmland in western Arizona and associated water rights in Arizona and New Mexico
- Represented a Texas farm and ranch operator in the sale of approximately 6,400 acres of irrigated farm and ranch land to large dairy owner
- Represented a privately owned partnership in connection with the $58 million sale of water related assets to the City of Hutto, Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- Texas Christian University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section; Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section; International Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section; International Law Section
- Houston Bar Association, Real Estate Section; International Law Section
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Interlaw, Ltd., Board of Directors, 1989-2000; Chairman, 1993-1997; Vice Chairman, 1991-1993
- Houston Grand Opera, Board of Trustees
- Kiwanis Foundation of Houston, Board of Directors. President, 2017-2020
- Kiwanis Club of Houston, President, 1996-1997
- Greater Houston Partnership, World Trade Division
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church, Administrative Board, 1986-1993
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2010-2021, 2023, 2024
- Texas Super Lawyers guide, Real Estate, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2004, 2012-2020