Franni Nagel is a New York real estate attorney who represents clients in a range of real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development and sale of commercial and residential properties. Ms. Nagel focuses her practice on the creation of fee and leasehold condominiums, the representation of owners and developers of condominiums on all aspects of the development and sale of real estate in New York, and on the advisory of condominium and cooperative boards in their day-to-day governance and affairs.
Ms. Nagel's experience includes:
- representing owners of condominium developments in New York through the process of condominium creation, offering plan filings and subsequent amendments submitted to the Office of the New York Attorney General
- representing sponsors of condominiums in New York in contract negotiations and closings of residential condominium units
- advising sponsors on general matters including the management, construction and financing of condominiums in New York
- representing for-profit and non-for-profit entities, as both owners and tenants, in the creation of leasehold condominiums
- representing shareholders of cooperatives in New York in contract negotiations and the transfer of shares for cooperative apartments
- advising cooperative boards on general matters including governance documents, annual meetings and general shareholder matters for cooperatives in New York
- acting as transfer agent for cooperative transfers in New York
- advising lenders in connection with their financing of condominiums in New York
During law school, Ms. Nagel was an editor of the Annual Survey of American Law Journal. She also participated in the Immigrant Defense Clinic, aiding in the representation of detained noncitizens in conjunction with The Legal Aid Society's Immigration Law Unit.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Barnard College, Columbia University, B.A.
- New York