David Newman is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Mr. Newman focuses his practice on matters involving general commercial and corporate litigation, representing both international and domestic clients.
Mr. Newman's practice also encompasses litigating complex healthcare fraud schemes on behalf of insurers, as well as assisting in national corporate investigative efforts to identify fraudulent conduct and behavior.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Newman has spent his career litigating with a focus on general liability, federal and state employment law, corporate civil matters, fraud and contract disputes. Mr. Newman also has extensive experience in the realm of tort, commercial and insurance litigation, including representing large corporate entities against claims involving premises and automobile injury liability.
In the community, Mr. Newman actively participates in the pro bono representation of small companies and low-income individuals in connection with a variety of litigation matters ranging from landlord/tenant disputes to immigration and family law matters.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D.
- University of Birmingham, England, B.A., with honors
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Broward County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors (2017-present)
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Broward County Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020