Richard A. Ochran Jr. is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Mr. Ochran focuses his practice on complex business litigation matters in all stages of state and federal court litigation, and he represents business entities and individuals involved in commercial disputes, consumer protection matters, defense of putative class actions and money judgment enforcement.
In addition, Mr. Ochran has experience prosecuting and defending claims involving breach of contract, business torts (including trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition), restrictive covenants imposing noncompete, non-solicitation and confidentiality obligations, real estate disputes, and data security and privacy claims. He also has experience aiding in defending product manufacturers in several jury trials in various jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Ochran practiced in the Washington, D.C., office of an AmLaw 100 firm, where he handled a wide range of matters involving commercial litigation, consumer protection defense, and product liability and contract disputes. Previously, he clerked for the Honorable Daniel W. Powell of the Somerset County Circuit Court in Maryland. In this role, he worked on a wide spectrum of matters, including criminal and civil bench and jury trials regarding a variety of disputes such as breach of contract, construction litigation, employment litigation and business torts.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
- Wilfrid Laurier University, B.A., Sociology
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland Defense Counsel, Treasurer, 2021-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Rising Star, District of Columbia Super Lawyers magazine, 2023
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers, 2020-2023
- Rising Star, Maryland Super Lawyers magazine, 2022
- Hot List, Lawyers of Color, 2022