Maryanne Foronjy Pedersen is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York City office and a member of the firm's Real Estate Capital Markets Team. Ms. Pedersen focuses her practice on commercial litigation and real estate matters. She represents institutional lenders, including national banks, special servicers and investment banks in creditors' right litigation, loan restructurings and workouts.
Ms. Pedersen is experienced in resolving real estate and lending disputes both in court, litigating disputed foreclosures and through securing the appointment of receivers, and out of court, through negotiating loan forbearance agreements, stipulations of settlement and forbearance, and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) sales.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Pedersen gained extensive professional experience as a practicing attorney in real estate capital markets coupled with her service as a pro bono attorney for the Nassau County Bar Association.
In the community, Ms. Pedersen is the vice chair of the board of directors of Bethany House, a Nassau County not-for-profit emergency shelter for women and women with children in Nassau County, New York.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Fashion Institute of Technology, B.S., International Trade and Marketing, summa cum laude
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Fordham Environmental Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor, 1993
- Certificate of Appreciation, Nassau County Bar Association Access to Justice Committee, 2021
- American Jurisprudence Award, Fordham University School of Law