Chelsea Rogas is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Boston office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Her practice focuses primarily on defending clients against healthcare fraud and abuse, guiding clients through civil or criminal internal and governmental investigations, and litigating such matters in federal and state court. Ms. Rogas also focuses her practice on high-stakes litigation involving complex trust and estates matters, providing comprehensive representation from inception to trial for both beneficiaries and fiduciaries.
Ms. Rogas has experience litigating diverse types of complex business litigations and class actions, including breach of contract disputes, noncompetition and trade secret matters, defense of employee claims for discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination, money laundering, conspiracy to commit fraud, as well as tech and data-related matters involving allegations of website wiretapping, data over-collection and data misuse.
Ms. Rogas advocates for companies and individuals in all phases of litigation, including at the trial and appellate levels, as well as in alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Rogas's recent representative matters include:
- represented healthcare insurance plans asserting claims against an in-network service provider for billing fraud and assisted plans in defending against the service provider's efforts to enjoin its removal from the insurance network
- represented healthcare insurance plans in a successful defense against a single-justice appeal in the Massachusetts Appeals Court by a service provider seeking to enjoin termination from an insurance network
- represented co-administrators in a high profile, complex, multi-jurisdictional, multi-case litigation involving an $800 million intestate estate with multiple claims of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, vulnerable adult abuse and undue influence arising from dozens of multimillion-dollar transactions
- represented a C-suite executive of a Fortune 500 company in an internal compliance investigation
- represented high-net-worth individual in a high profile federal investigation and wire fraud prosecution
- represented a healthcare system and three world-renowned hospitals in defense of a putative class action alleging invasion of privacy and violation of the Massachusetts Wiretap Act related to the use of third-party analytics tools, cookies and pixels on publicly accessible websites
- represented a world-renowned clinical testing services company in a significant arbitration regarding the alleged disclosure of confidential information concerning a drug treatment
- represented a portfolio medical device company in litigation arising from a multi-form contract for consulting services
While in law school, Ms. Rogas served as a comment editor of the Suffolk University Law Review.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Simmons College, B.S., cum laude
- The International Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi