Kristin Royal is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office, where she focuses her practice on business litigation and dispute resolution. Ms. Royal has litigation experience in the areas of contract disputes, trade secrets, enforcement of restrictive covenants, business torts and fraudulent transfer, as well as other complex and class litigation. Ms. Royal has represented clients through trial in both state and federal courts, as well as through arbitration.
Prior to rejoining Holland & Knight, Ms. Royal was an attorney for a Florida-based boutique law firm focused on assisting the elderly and their families. Ms. Royal also served as a federal judicial law clerk to the Honorable Leslie Abrams Gardner of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. During her tenure as a clerk, Ms. Royal drafted numerous orders on dispositive motions, assisted the judge with several civil and criminal trials, and aided the judge in preparation to sit by designation on the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
During law school, Ms. Royal served as a Florida Supreme Court judicial intern for the Honorable Barbara J. Pariente. She also was an active member of the law school community, where she served as a research assistant to Professor Elizabeth Lear in 2015 and an appellate advocacy teaching assistant from 2015-2016. In addition, she was elected as the executive communications editor of the Florida Law Review in 2014 and as the president of the student division of the North Central Florida Chapter of the Federal Bar Association in 2015.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Florida Southern College, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Book Award, Law Review, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2016
- Book Award, Media Law, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2015
- Book Award, Legal Writing, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2013
- Book Award, Legal Research, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2013