Jorge Sagarra is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Portland office and a member of the firm's Private Wealth Services Group. Mr. Sagarra focuses his practice on counseling closely held businesses, large private clients, as well as public company executives with succession and tax planning needs.
In addition, Mr. Sagarra has considerable training in tax law and has an LL.M. in Taxation from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law. While earning his LL.M., he was on the editorial staff of The Tax Lawyer. Mr. Sagarra also completed extensive coursework in international taxation.
During law school, Mr. Sagarra served as a law clerk for the Cuban American Bar Association (CABA) assisting attorneys with pro bono immigration matters. He also worked on pro bono immigration matters with the school's immigration clinic. Additionally, Mr. Sagarra was a law clerk for a Miami real estate firm where he worked on condominium association disputes.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, LL.M.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S.
- Latino Law Students Association (LLSA), University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2018-2021
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA), University of Florida Levin College of Law, Social Chair, 2018-2021
- Entertainment and Sports Law Society (ESLS), University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2018-2021
- Governor's Scholarship, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2018-2021