Robert Henry Saunders
Robert Saunders is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Mr. Saunders focuses his practice on a variety of financial services matters.
Mr. Saunders has more than 30 years of experience counseling clients in the United States and Latin America. He represents clients in project, vendor and bank finance; restructurings; issuance of debt securities in private and public offerings; emerging markets future-flow securitizations; and other complex secured and unsecured domestic and international private financings. In addition, Mr. Saunders assists U.S. companies wishing to do business outside of the United States and international companies wishing to expand their business to the United States.
In addition, Mr. Saunders represents trustees and underwriters in capital markets note issuances. He also assists clients in various workouts involving indentures and note issuances.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Saunders served as a law clerk for the Honorable Frank M. Johnson Jr. of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. During law school, he served as an Articles Editor for the Harvard Law Review.
- Represented issuers in more than 20 capital markets note issuances
- Represented a global telecommunications provider and its affiliates in a large number of domestic and international vendor financings, the restructuring of vendor finance debt, the sale of put rights and stock to a financial institution and a securitization with a bank syndicate of more than $1 billion of vendor loans to borrowers in several countries
- Represented bank lenders in the restructuring of debt of a Brazilian cable company
- Represented bank lenders in the restructuring of debt of an Argentine bank
- Represented an Argentine oil company in the restructuring of its bank debt
- Represented the originator in a securitization of domestic Brazilian healthcare loan receivables that included political risk insurance
- Represented the borrower in a project financing relating to a Mexican offshore gas compression facility
- Represented Brazilian borrowers in pre-export credit facilities
- Represented members of the Votorantim Group in entering into or refinancing secured credit facilities
- Represented the lender in construction financings for ammonia plants in Trinidad and Tobago and a domestic secured acquisition financing
- Represented a telecommunications company in bank and vendor telecommunications financings, restructuring negotiations and bankruptcy proceedings
- Represented a subsidiary of Pecom Energia in a Venezuelan project financing with International Finance Corporation
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Yale University, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- Phi Beta Kappa