A. Kristi Soppet is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight’s Houston office who practices complex commercial and civil litigation in both state and federal courts across Texas, Louisiana and Florida. Ms. Soppet counsels clients on all aspects of complex commercial litigation, including representing clients on appeal, in numerous substantive areas such as commercial and business disputes, privacy and data security issues, employment law, intellectual property and class actions. In addition, she represents clients in disputes related to wills, trusts, estates and fiduciary issues.
Ms. Soppet also has experience in a variety of consumer finance litigation matters, including representation of financial institutions such as banks, credit card issuers, auto finance companies, mortgage lenders and servicers, as well as other consumer financial service providers.
Ms. Soppet is active in the community service and pro bono initiatives at Holland & Knight and regularly provides pro bono representation in various matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Soppet served as a judicial law clerk to U.S. Magistrate Judge Wallace Capel Jr. in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, where she managed both a civil and a criminal docket, drafted orders, opinions and recommendations, and advised the court on complex legal issues.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Eastern Kentucky University, B.S., magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- All State Courts in Texas
- All State Courts in Louisiana
- All State Courts in Florida
- Leadership Houston, Class XXXVII
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Florida Coastal Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star Award, 2019, 2020
- Holland & Knight Community Service All-Star Award, 2019
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017