Katherine D. Speece
Public Affairs Advisor
Katherine Speece is a public affairs advisor in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office and a member of the firm's Public Policy & Regulation Group. Ms. Speece's practice focuses on the policy issues related to renewable energy, natural resources, technology commercialization, transportation and appropriations.
Ms. Speece develops and executes comprehensive federal relations strategies to bring legislative, regulatory and executive solutions to clients. She guides clients through the federal policymaking process and advises public, non-profit and private sector companies on the material impact of federal policies.
Ms. Speece is well versed in navigating federal funding and financing programs, including at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). She also has experience in building coalitions with a diverse set of stakeholders, strategic communications and political risk advising.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Speece served as a senior legislative assistant at a midsized, bipartisan lobbying firm, where she gained invaluable experience advocating for clients on Capitol Hill.
Ms. Speece is currently pursuing her master's degree in legislative affairs at George Washington University.
- University of Kentucky, B.A., Foreign Language and International Economics; Political Science, with honors
- University of Kentucky Alumni Association, Board Member, 2019-2020
- University of Kentucky Student Government Association, Vice President, 2019-2020
- Women in Government Relations (WGR), 2020-present
- Women's Congressional Golf Association (WCGA), 2022-present