Kathleen St. John is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Boston office. Ms. St. John is a member of the firm's Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors' Rights Practice Group. She represents corporate debtors, financial institutions, and other secured and unsecured creditors, as well as court-appointed trustees, receivers and liquidators in complex corporate restructurings and liquidations in Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 cases. She is dedicated to helping clients achieve favorable results under federal bankruptcy law, as well as state law remedies in the event of insolvency.
Ms. St. John has an active pro bono practice representing clients in a variety of contexts, including immigration proceedings for unaccompanied immigrant and refugee juveniles in conjunction with Kids in Need of Defense (KIND).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. St. John was selected as a University of Maryland J.D. Legal Fellow, and completed her six-month fellowship in Holland & Knight's Litigation Group. During law school, she was an associate editor of The Maryland Law Review and served on the Student Honor Board.
Ms. St. John’s current and recent matters include:
- representation of syndicated lenders under a $1 billion credit facility throughout the borrower’s Chapter 11 reorganization
- representation of a senior secured lender in the Chapter 11 proceeding of a Las Vegas hotel development project
- representation of a foreign liquidator in domestic Chapter 15 proceedings in relation to a settlement of state law claims
- representation of foreign liquidators in various domestic Chapter 15 proceedings in connection with asset discovery and asset recovery matters throughout the U.S.
- representation of the debtor in Chapter 11 proceedings resulting in the successful consummation of an asset sale representation of the defendant in the successful settlement of an adversary proceeding filed by the Chapter 11 trustee of a debtor corporation faced with mass tort liability claims
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Maryland School of Law, Health Law Certificate
- Washington and Lee University, B.S., Journalism and Studio Art, cum laude
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- All State Courts in Massachusetts
- All State Courts in Rhode Island
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), New England Division
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020