Jasmine M. Tobias is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, where she focuses on complex commercial, franchise, and labor and employment litigation matters. Ms. Tobias is experienced in defending breach of contract and wrongful termination claims, as well as enforcing non-disclosure, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. Ms. Tobias is experienced in handling all aspects of civil litigation, particularly e-discovery. She represents national and international companies in federal and state courts.
Ms. Tobias assists clients on matters arising under employment statutes, such as Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), including advice and counseling, and litigation. She has experience advising clients on a range of employment issues including employment agreements, handbooks, compensation, internal investigations and non-compete agreements. Ms. Tobias has also handled complex litigation, including contractual disputes and medical malpractice claims.
Prior to rejoining Holland & Knight, Ms. Tobias was the national franchise legal director for a global franchisor, where she handled matters related to franchise transactions, compliance and regulatory issues, franchise disputes, trademark and trade dress enforcement, employment and litigation. She was previously an associate in Holland & Knight's Dallas office from May 2019 to November 2020.
Ms. Tobias has also previously represented clients in securities, shareholder derivative and franchise litigation matters. She also has experience assisting clients with internal and government investigations, federal and state Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) claims and environmental regulatory matters. Additionally, Ms. Tobias gained valuable trial experience as a volunteer prosecutor for the city of Arlington, Texas, where she obtained guilty verdicts in all of her jury trials.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Tobias clerked for the Honorable Sam A. Lindsay of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
In the community, Ms. Tobias is active in a number of professional, civic and alumni organizations.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- St. Edward's University, M.L.A.
- Southern Methodist University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Dallas Children's Theater, Board of Trustees
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Emerging Leader Board
- Black Alumni of Southern Methodist University (SMU) Board, Chair, 2020-2021; Board Member, 2011-2012, 2018-Present
- The NEW Roundtable
- Junior League of Dallas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL), Judiciary Committee, Co-Chair, 2018-Present; Leadership Class, 2020
- SMU Alumni Board, 2020-2021; Young Alumni Board, 2012-2014
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Associate Member, 2017-2018
- Dallas Bar Association
- J.L. Turner Legal Association, Scholarship Committee
- National Employment Law Council
- Outstanding Member Program of the Year, National Conference of Women Bar Associations, 2023
- Star of Achievement, State Bar of Texas Stars of Texas Bars Awards, 2023
- Outstanding Director, Dallas Women Lawyers Association, 2022
- Distinguished Alumni of the Year, Southern Methodist University (SMU) Black Law Students Association (BLSA), 2022
- Outstanding Rookie of the Year, The Texas Lawbook and Association of Corporate Counsel – Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter, 2021
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers, Texas, 2019
- Texas Bar College
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL) Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow