Tara L. Vance is a partner and immigration lawyer in Holland & Knight's New York office. She provides legal representation in most areas of immigration and nationality law affecting individuals, corporations and other businesses, as well as advises clients with certain family-based immigration matters. Ms. Vance is experienced in assisting clients with developing strategic plans for bringing employees to the U.S. to work and employing foreign nationals following a merger or acquisition. She advises foreign and domestic startup companies, mid- and large-size entities, and nonprofit organizations in obtaining immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. She also advises on related compliance issues, including with respect to Form I-9 issues and the EB-5 immigrant investor program.
Ms. Vance regularly counsels clients with developing internal human resource and corporate policies and procedures for handling immigration matters and obtaining immigrant and nonimmigrant visas, as well as U.S. citizenship and expatriation. She assists clients with Form I-9 audits and has provided I-9 training and compliance guidance. Ms. Vance regularly advises clients on immigration issues associated with buying or selling companies in the U.S. and during merger and acquisition transactions so that such transactions take into consideration the immigration needs of the underlying companies and individuals.
Ms. Vance represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including entrepreneurs and investors, law firms, finance and banking, educational institutions, entertainment, media and communications, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, energy, technology, aviation and real estate. She is well-versed in helping clients identify all possible work visa options and develop a strategy to obtain the best work visa for the needs of the individual and the employer, considering both short-term and long-term goals, as well as walking clients through complicated immigration regulations and procedures.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.
- Rijks Universiteit Leiden, LL.M., International Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), New York Chapter Member, 2003-present; USCIS New York District Director Liaison Committee, 2007-2008; National Benefits Center Liaison Committee, 2007-2008; AILA Annual Conference Committee, Business Law Section, 2007–2008; Co-Chair, Corporate Practice Committee, 2006-2007; Member, Corporate Practice Committee, 2004-2006
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Immigration Law, 2023, 2024
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017