Thomas R. Woodrow is a Chicago attorney who has practiced for more than 30 years on litigation matters, consisting primarily of complex product liability, toxic tort and commercial cases. He has handled and tried cases in several state and federal trial courts and has supervised and coordinated local counsel in numerous venues across the country. Mr. Woodrow has also developed an active settlement counsel practice in which he represents and counsels clients in settlement strategies, negotiation, and documentation. He helped design and implement a settlement program in multitiered litigation for a particular client that received the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution's (CPR Institute) Outstanding Practical Achievement Award in the area of dispute resolution. He has attended hundreds of mediations and settlement conferences as settlement counsel, and routinely develops and implements settlement strategies for complicated, multiparty cases.
Mr. Woodrow has also written and spoken on the topics of product liability and settlement strategy. He has lectured and made presentations to a number of domestic and international organizations, including the American Bar Association (ABA) Dispute Resolution Section, the Texas Bar Dispute Resolution Section, the Association of Attorney-Mediators (AAM), the San Antonio ACCA Chapter, the Houston Bar Association, the CPR Institute, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the International Academy of Mediators (IAM), the Danish-American Business Forum and the Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Woodrow has been selected in The Best Lawyers in America Guide for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation (2005-2020), and has been named in Illinois Super Lawyers magazine since 2018. He is a member of the ABA, Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) and the AAM.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
- Circuit Court of Cook County, Certified Mediator
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Mediation, 2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020