Lobbying & Political Compliance for Government Contractors
Holland & Knight Webinar
Please join Partner Chris DeLacy of our Political Law Team and Partner Bob Tompkins of our Government Contracts Group as Holland & Knight kicks off its 2019 Government Contracts webinar series as well as its 2019 Political Law webinar series. The program will benefit federal government contractors, their owners, management and government affairs officials as they prepare for increased lobbying and political activity oversight because of the power shift in the U.S. House of Representatives.
This webinar will examine strategies for complying with federal contractor lobbying restrictions contained in the Byrd Amendment and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), as well as the prohibition on federal contractor contributions under the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1974.
Our presenters will discuss how federal contractors can mitigate new potential risks involving lobbying and political activity, including:
- potential penalties for violations
- how to correctly allocate lobbying and political costs
- the latest update on improper lobbying investigations involving federal contractors
- ways to engage in lobbying and the political process without running afoul of the law
- how to create a lobbying and political compliance program
- steps to take when evidence of potential violations is discovered
We hope you can join us for this highly informative webinar.
Continuing Legal Education
Holland & Knight is an approved CLE provider in several jurisdictions, including California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. All reasonable efforts to seek CLE credits for this program will be made. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of either content or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE for transitional (newly admitted) and experienced attorneys.