Members of Holland & Knight serve in leadership roles in governmental bodies, nonprofit organizations, civic initiatives, higher education institutions and economic development groups. As active members of our bar associations, we have many opportunities to leverage the resources of our firm with other law firms in community service. From cultural events to public education programs, our attorneys share their talents and resources to improve the quality of life in communities where we work and live. Holland & Knight also coordinates large-scale national and local service days and regular service engagements with the firm's community partners.
9/11 Day of Service
Holland & Knight is proud to support the 9/11 Day of Service. Employees in all offices participate in this initiative by giving their time and talent to local community service organizations. The majority of the volunteer activities take place on or around September 11, but many of them continue throughout the year. Since 2011, our employees, together with our clients, colleagues, families and friends, have donated over 20,000 days of service to more than 100 nonprofit organizations.
Opening Doors for Children
Over the past 20 years, Holland & Knight's Opening Doors for Children program has served thousands of children and schools in socioeconomically disadvantaged neighborhoods. Our attorneys and staff work in their communities by helping students in need of tutors, mentors and role models.
- Let's Recapture the Spirit of Kindness that Americans Expressed after 9/11
- George Howell III Honored by Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce for Support of Military
- Rainmaker Q&A: Holland & Knight's Joseph Varner
- Volunteers Help Renovate Local Center for Children
- For Firms Most Impacted, 15th Anniversary of 9/11 a Day of Service
- Cristen M. Celebrates 15 Years of Employment at Holland & Knight
- Meet 2014 Veterans of Influence Honoree Tommy Boroughs
- Jacksonville Law Firm Holds 9/11 Remembrance
- Karen Walker Honored as Woman of Distinction by Girl Scout Council of the Florida Panhandle, Inc.
- Holland & Knight Participates in NYSE Opening Bell Ceremony Marking Second Annual 9/11 Day of Service