Eight Holland & Knight Attorneys Named Washington’s Top Lawyers By The Washingtonian for 2009
WASHINGTON, D.C. – November 19, 2009 – Holland & Knight is pleased to announce that eight attorneys in the firm's Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia offices have been named Top Lawyers by The Washingtonian magazine.
The following lawyers were named Washington’s Top Lawyers in their respective practice areas:
- Leigh-Alexandra Basha – Private Wealth
- Norman Glasgow – Real Estate
- Whayne Quin – Real Estate
- Michael Ruane – Real Estate
- Alban (Alby) Salaman – Private Wealth
- Janis Schiff – Real Estate
- Charles Tiedemann – Real Estate
- Charles Tobin – Media Law
This is the seventh time The Washingtonian has compiled the Top Lawyers list, which covers 29 legal specialties and represents approximately one percent of attorneys in the area. The magazine creates the list based primarily off of peer recommendation. They asked nearly 1,000 attorneys who (excluding themselves and members of their firms) the top practitioners in their fields are and whom they would hire to represent them in a range of areas. After receiving all submissions, the magazine ranks the top 800 attorneys and singles out 30 as the very best.