Yunnie Youn Son is a member of the firm's Private Wealth Services Group and focuses on all aspects of complex trusts and estates litigation as well as conservatorship and guardianship matters. Her practice includes representing individuals, families, charities and financial institutions in cases such as will and trust disputes, contested conservatorships and guardianships, breach of fiduciary duty matters and elder financial abuse concerns.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Son represented both plaintiffs and defendants in state, federal, bankruptcy and appellate courts concerning business torts, shareholder disputes, breach of contract and real estate disputes. While in law school, Ms. Son was the vice president of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association and a member of the Frederick Douglass National Moot Court Team. Ms. Son also gained extensive courtroom experience as a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, with the Hardcore Gangs Division.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.A., English Literature, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- American Bar Association