Martin J. Alexander practices general commercial and corporate litigation in state and federal courts. His practice includes the representation of corporate and individual clients of the firm in wide-ranging contractual and business disputes.
Mr. Alexander handles matters concerning the sale and transfer of stock ownership, securities law violations, minority shareholder rights, non-compete agreements and partnership disputes. He handles probate matters, including will contests and trust disputes, and construction and real-estate disputes. He also represents life insurance companies in coverage disputes and matters involving agency practices.
Mr. Alexander represents financial institutions in areas of collection, foreclosure, and the enforcement of creditors' rights, and in connection with their lending, depository, fiduciary and investment management practices. He has also represented financing companies affiliated with automotive manufacturers in the enforcement of floor plan loans and other dealer obligations.
Mr. Alexander also handles RICO and environmental law litigation, intellectual property matters involving trademark and copyright infringement actions, and disputes involving the internet, counterfeiting, trade secrets and software piracy.
Mr. Alexander lectures on the use of trial technology, and issues involving the discovery and presentation of electronic data.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., Law Review
- University of Florida, B.A., English, with high honors
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Broward County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach County Chapter, former President
- The Florida Bar, Civil Procedure Rules Committee
- Children's Harbor, Chairman of the Board
- University of Limerick, Florida Advisory Board Member
- Leadership Florida
- Leadership Broward
- NOVA Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship, Board of Governors
- Ad Hoc Committee on Rules and Procedures for the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Commercial Litigation, 2013-2024
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa