Marc L. Antonecchia
Marc L. Antonecchia is a New York litigation attorney with a particular emphasis on aviation, commercial, insurance and product liability matters. Mr. Antonecchia litigates and advises on a wide array of disputes involving creditors' rights, licensing, partnerships, insurance brokers, guarantees, trusts and real estate. He has secured pre-answer dismissal of Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO), securities and intellectual property claims.
Mr. Antonecchia's experience in aviation-related matters includes representing domestic and foreign lessors, secured parties and lenders in contract disputes and repossessions involving airframes, engines and parts. He frequently counsels on the planning and exercise of enforcement rights pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code and the Cape Town Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment. He co-authored a U.S. Supreme Court amicus brief concerning the pre-emptive effect of a federal statute affording liability protection to lessors and secured parties not in operational control of accident aircraft. Mr. Antonecchia's litigation experience includes preliminary injunctive relief, pretrial discovery, dispositive motion practice, civil jury trial, multidistrict litigation, and appellate briefing and argument.
Mr. Antonecchia counsels clients on warranty issues for a variety of products, including toys, food, medical devices, power supplies and heavy equipment. He prepares and revises instruction manuals and warning labels for use in the U.S. market.
Mr. Antonecchia is an editor of Holland & Knight's Centerline aviation alerts and the Aviation Law Blog. He has authored and contributed to numerous articles and chapters concerning purchase and lease disputes, lessor liability, airworthiness, warranties, jurisdiction, forum non conveniens, multidistrict litigation, and the Cape Town Convention. He assisted in the preparation of the remedies section of the Practitioners' Guide to the Cape Town Convention and The Aircraft Protocol and is a frequent speaker and moderator at aviation conferences.
Mr. Antonecchia attended Fordham University School of Law and was a member of the Fordham International Law Journal and a teaching assistant in the legal research and writing course. Prior to and during law school, Mr. Antonecchia taught European history and was the Assistant Dean of Students at Fordham Preparatory School.
- Co-trial counsel to the prevailing defendant in a federal court trial, reported at 567 F. Supp. 2d 579 (S.D.N.Y. 2008), aff'd, 336 Fed. Appx. 39, 2009 WL 1940715 (2d Cir. July 2, 2009), concerning the alleged breach of an aircraft purchase agreement; trial resulted in a defense verdict, affirmed on appeal, with a fee award for the defendant
- Appellate argument concerning commercial lease dispute resulting in affirmance of motion to dismiss in favor of landlord, reported at 78 A.D.3d 431 (1st Dep't 2010)
- Counsel to prevailing lender in mortgage dispute where court dismissed complaint and declared lender's entitlement to enforce loan. 41 Misc.3d 1213(A), 2013 WL 5629590 (Sup. Ct. Kings Cty. September 25, 2013)
- Counsel to prevailing lender securing pre-answer dismissal of Securities Exchange Act and state law tort law claims. 2018 WL 6332907 (S.D.N.Y. Nov. 12, 2018)
- Counsel to prevailing lender securing pre-answer dismissal of RICO and state law tort claims. 2017 WL 1753487 (S.D.N.Y. Apr. 27, 2017)
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham University, B.A.
- Fordham University, M.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- All State Courts in New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- American Bar Association, Air & Space Law Forum
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021