- Holland & Knight's Aviation Team has a long history of experience in virtually every significant area of aviation law and litigation.
- We regularly assist aviation clients with transactional, regulatory, investigation and litigation matters associated with their operations.
- Members of our team have extensive experience in high profile aircraft accident investigations and litigation, aircraft financing and leasing, aviation regulation, and policy and business aviation issues.
Backed by more than 1,400 attorneys in 27 offices in the world, Holland & Knight has more than 75 years of experience in aviation law. Our Aviation Team advises and represents domestic and international airlines and other aviation clients on a daily basis regarding legal issues related to every aspect of their business.
Guidance You Can Trust
Clients depend on our Aviation Team to handle their legal needs – both routine and critical – because we offer thorough industry knowledge, extensive experience and a commitment to provide exceptional service. This combination of attributes has led to repeated recognition in national and international publications, including:
- Legal 500 USA
- Legal 500 United Kingdom
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms Guide - “Law Firm of the Year” in Transportation Law
- Euromoney Legal Media Group Guide to the World's Leading Aviation Lawyers
- The International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers
In-Depth Industry Insight
Our Aviation Team offers a strong blend of legal acumen and industry knowledge. In addition to our extensive background in aviation-related legal matters, a number of our aviation lawyers have degrees in engineering, experience as pilots or have worked in other areas of the industry. Several of our team members have experience serving in government regulatory and investigative agencies. Members of our team are frequently invited to speak at U.S. and international aviation conferences. Additionally, many of our lawyers hold leadership positions in aviation sections of bar associations and industry organizations.
Our team regularly counsels clients on legal issues that are specific to the aviation industry, including:
- aircraft accident investigations and litigation
- aircraft financing and leasing
- aviation regulation
- aviation policy
- business aviation
- commercial litigation
- licensing and certification of air carrier operations
- leasing land and airport space
- major accident response
- negotiating slot agreements
- structuring operations
- handling NTSB and FAA investigations
- representing clients before other government agencies
- product liability
- providing ongoing support for our clients' operations, including the handling of arbitrations and litigation of commercial disputes and multidistrict litigation of claims resulting from accidents
- safety risk management
- space technology
In addition to counseling clients on aviation matters, we also provide guidance on operational issues that are common to every business, including:
- antitrust issues
- environmental issues
- bankruptcy and restructuring
- intellectual property
- labor and employment
- public policy
- sales and purchases