Luis E. Balart Jr. is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight’s Tampa office, where he represents businesses and individuals in cases involving contract disputes, breaches of fiduciary duty, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and business torts.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Balart gained extensive federal appeals court experience by serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Cory T. Wilson of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He also accumulated significant federal district court experience as a law clerk to the Honorable Shelly D. Dick of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
While in law school, Mr. Balart was on the board of editors for the Louisiana Law Review.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude
- Louisiana State University, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Pro Bono Panel, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2023
- Order of the Coif, Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2020