Counsel and Senior Public Affairs Advisor
Annie Beckstrom represents and provides counsel to clients on legislative, regulatory and public policy matters before the Tennessee General Assembly, state executive branch, state and federal regulatory agencies, local governments, and the United States Congress.
Ms. Beckstrom drafts legislation on behalf of client-driven policy initiatives and in response to legislative engagement. She collaborates with industry stakeholders to facilitate effective solutions to political challenges and develops and executes strategic communications campaigns to promote client advocacy efforts. Additionally, Ms. Beckstrom monitors and analyzes proposed legislation and regulatory activity of interest to clients on the local, state, and federal levels. She also conducts research and advises clients regarding complex matters of state and federal public policy, campaign finance, governmental ethics, and administrative law. Ms. Beckstrom also assists clients with management of state and federal political action committees.
Previously, Ms. Beckstrom gained valuable experience with a Washington, D.C., government affairs firm where drafted an amendment to the Stark Law on behalf of a coalition of major healthcare and technology corporations designed to provide regulatory relief for cyber security software donations from large health systems to smaller physician groups. The amendment was recently incorporated into an rule promulgated by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D.
- Southeastern Louisiana University, B.A., Political Science
- Tennessee Lobbyists Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Nashville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Louisiana Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Volunteer Advocate, Court Appointed Special Advocate Association (CASA), 2013-2015
- Volunteer, Nashville Conflict Resolution Center, 2017-2018