Leanne C. Bernhard is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. Bernhard focuses her practice in a broad range of commercial real estate matters, including the acquisition, disposition, leasing and development of commercial and residential properties. Ms. Bernhard routinely represents developers in the conversion of residential and commercial buildings to condominium ownership, as well as advises condominium boards on their day-to-day operations. Ms. Bernhard also has experience in representing landlords and tenants in structuring and establishing leasehold condominiums and obtaining 420-a real estate tax exemptions.
While in law school, Ms. Bernhard served as the editor-in-chief of the Hofstra Law Review. She also acted as judicial intern to the Honorable Steven I. Locke of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Represented developers of residential, commercial and mixed-use condominiums in preparing and filing offering plans, no action letter applications and subsequent amendments thereto with the Office of the Attorney General
- Represented sponsors of condominiums in contract negotiations and closings for residential and commercial condominium units
- Represented owners in bulk sales of tenant-occupied residential condominium units
- Represented sellers and purchasers in the transfer of residential property throughout New York City
- Represented landlords and tenants in creating leasehold condominiums and obtaining 420‑a real estate tax exemption benefits for not-for-profit entities, such as charter schools and food donation organizations
- Advised condominium boards and assisted in resolving issues involving the declaration, by-laws, or house rules and regulations
- Represented high-net-worth individuals in the sales and acquisitions of residential apartments in New York City
- Represented landlords in negotiating ground leases of commercial properties
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Binghamton University, B.A., Psychology
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
- Third-Year Scholastic Achievement Award, Hofstra University School of Law, 2021