Suzanne Busser is a Fort Lauderdale attorney in Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice.
Ms. Busser focuses her practice in the area of business litigation in state and federal court. She specializes in litigation involving commercial landlord-tenant disputes, the enforcement of restrictive covenants and trade secrets, trusts and estates, copyright and intellectual property (IP), and banking and financial services. Ms. Busser also represents creditor clients in post-judgment enforcement and collection efforts.
Ms. Busser's notable matters include:
- represented the nation's largest publisher of continuing education materials for healthcare professionals in a copyright and trade secrets dispute, where the Holland & Knight team prevailed in a federal jury trial
- represented a law firm regarding its claim of unpaid legal fees and was successful in that the parties were ordered to proceed with arbitration in the creditor-claim dispute
- represented a large insurance provider in enforcing the violation of restrictive covenant and non-compete case, resulting in entry of an injunction order and damages in favor of the client
- prevailed on summary judgment in defending a video streaming service in a copyright suit
- represented shopping mall and center owners in multiple claims relating to unpaid rent and eviction, from pre-suit through final judgment
In addition, Ms. Busser maintains an active pro bono practice, which ranges from assisting military veterans to handling child abduction cases pursuant to the Hague Convention. Ms. Busser is also actively involved in the Florida Department of Veterans' Affairs GI LAW Program.
During law school, Ms. Busser worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Edwin G. Torres of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. She was an active member of the Charles C. Papy Jr. Moot Court Board, where she served as vice president of the John T. Gaubatz Moot Court Competition. In addition, she competed in the 2016 Herbert Wechsler National Criminal Moot Court Competition and the 2017 Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition. Ms. Busser also served as an articles and comments editor for the University of Miami Law Review,and as chair of the Dean's Cup Committee.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Miami, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Women Leading Broward, Class VII, 2020
- Charles C. Papy Jr. Moot Court Board, Alumni Advisory Board
- Holland & Knight PCS Pro Bono All-Star, 2017, 2019, 2020
- Holland & Knight Community Service All-Star, 2019
- Iron Arrow Honor Society, the Highest Honor Attainable at the University of Miami
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 2017
- Order of Barristers, University of Miami School of Law
- Best Petitioner Brief, Herbert Wechsler National Criminal Moot Court Competition, 2016
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement Award, Legal Research and Writing I, University of Miami School of Law
- Dean's Fellow, University of Miami School of Law
- Student Ambassador, University of Miami School of Law
- Honor Council, University of Miami School of Law