Vicky Ceballos is an attorney in Holland & Knight's West Palm Beach office and a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Ms. Ceballos provides legal guidance to clients in the identification, investigation and litigation of intricate fraudulent schemes that seek to exploit the benefits afforded by property and casualty insurers.
Ms. Ceballos has a significant background in handling commercial litigation and securities arbitration cases from inception through post-trial proceedings. This includes knowledge about the preparation of substantive filings, filing requirements in compliance with local practice in state and federal courts, and post-trial deadlines.
Ms. Ceballos has experience representing clients in matters filed before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and handling all aspects of the litigation, from fulfilling pre-suit requirements to pre-evidentiary hearing filings.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Ceballos represented individual and institutional investors in stockbroker misconduct and securities fraud matters. She also represented clients in cases involving cryptocurrency fraud and other unfair and deceptive trade practices.
Ms. Ceballos began her legal career at a boutique law firm in Coconut Grove, Florida. As a paralegal, she assisted in the identification, liquidation and distribution of receivership assets. In addition, she gained knowledge of post-judgment collections efforts, filed motions for writs of garnishment in aid of execution and developed an understanding of the critical importance of meeting procedural requirements to successfully garnish assets. She also attended and assisted in the preparation of jury trials that resulted in a verdict for the client.
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Miami, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Miami-Dade Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, 2023
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter, 2022-2023
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Skills and Values III, Florida International University College of Law, Fall 2020
- Dean’s List, Florida International University College of Law, Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2020, Fall 2021, Spring 2022
- Provost Honor Roll, University of Miami, Fall 2013
- Dean's List, University of Miami, Spring 2012