D'Andre Chapman is a litigation and dispute resolution attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Mr. Chapman focuses his practice on an array of areas, including securities and corporate litigation, real estate finance and capital markets, with a particular emphasis on litigation and loan servicing matters related to commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), and labor, employment and benefits matters.
Securities and Corporate Litigation
In practicing securities and corporate litigation, Mr. Chapman focuses on providing clients, including Fortune 500 companies, corporate boards, directors and senior executives, with advice as to corporate control contests, derivative litigations, proxy fights, shareholder activism, securities laws, internal investigations and corporate governance matters.
Real Estate and Capital Markets
With respect to CMBS, Mr. Chapman represents nationally prominent financial institutions, mortgage servicers, hedge funds and distressed investors in connection with non-performing loans and the exercise of remedies such as judicial foreclosures, receiverships, replevin, workouts, litigation and resulting judgment enforcement/collection.
Just as pro bono work is an integral part of Holland & Knight, it is to Mr. Chapman as he regularly represents children abused, abandoned and/or neglected through a nonprofit organization that provides durable solutions to child migration, ensures children's protection and upholds their right to due process and fundamental fairness.
During law school, Mr. Chapman won the New York City Bar Association's diversity fellowship and served as a legal intern for a Fortune 100 company that focused on retirement plans and asset management. In addition, Mr. Chapman was a member of the Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal.
- Counsel to one of the world's largest oil and gas producers in the $300 million sale of one its oil and gas refineries
- Advised the audit committee of a publicly traded, billion dollar, recreation products company in an internal investigation of its board of directors and management team
- Defended a lender against a plaintiffs preliminary injunction and motion to stay its purchase option deadline in connection with the foreclosure of a $13 million dollar loan
- Advise the board members of a publicly traded financial institution in connection with a proxy battle
- Provided counsel to a former board chairman in a defamation action against a publicly traded financial institution
- Provided counsel to a prominent financial institution as to compliance with national consumer and commercial related rules
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
- Rutgers University, B.S., English, Digital Communication Information and Media
- New York
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021-2022
- Diversity Fellow, New York City Bar Association, 2019
- Dean's Scholar Program, Hofstra University School of Law, 2019
- Dean's List, Rutgers University, 2013-2014
- Dean's List, Seton Hall University, 2012
- National Society of Leadership and Success
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Delta Epsilon Iota
- Sigma Tau