Real Estate Finance
- Holland & Knight’s Real Estate Finance Team works as an integrated unit across geographical and legal practice areas to provide comprehensive counsel on a wide array of real estate investments.
- We assist borrowers, lenders, investors and governmental agencies in structuring, managing and maximizing the returns on their debt and equity investments, including acquisition and disposition of mortgage loans and mortgage loan portfolios.
- Our real estate finance attorneys are well-versed in navigating and negotiating sophisticated commercial real estate transactions in all sectors.
Access to a full range of resources is essential when making debt and equity investments in commercial real estate. From conventional financing arrangements to national mortgage lending conduit programs, you can entrust your most important and complex finance transactions to the real estate attorneys at Holland & Knight.
Benefit from Geographic Reach and Cross-Disciplinary Support
When you come to us for real estate finance counsel, we draw upon Holland & Knight’s strengths across the firm to offer representation both locally and nationally, including major U.S. markets. You benefit from the extensive resources of over 100 practice areas including litigation, bankruptcy, construction, environment, zoning, leasing and land development.
A Multifaceted Practice Ensures Industry Savvy
Our team’s experience representing a wide range of financial institutions – U.S. and foreign banks, insurance companies, pension funds, conduit lenders, finance companies and mortgage companies – enables us to represent your real estate finance interests. All facets of real estate lending are encompassed by our finance practice, including office, retail, industrial, multifamily, residential, condominium, timeshare, hospitality and senior living.
Handling the Full Range of Real Estate Finance Matters
The Holland & Knight Real Estate Practice works to assist you in finance law matters such as:
- real estate acquisition, construction and permanent lending
- HUD/FHA mortgage insurance programs
- Fannie Mae multifamily loan programs
- Freddie Mac multifamily mortgage programs
- loan syndications and loan participations
- leasehold mortgage financing
- hospitality and timeshare lending
- retail financing
- subordinated debt and mezzanine lending
- bankruptcy, workouts and foreclosure proceedings
- multistate loan transactions
- representation of borrowers in all facets of real estate financing transactions
Industry Insight for Thorough Counsel
When it comes to real estate finance transactions involving securitized loans or investors in capital market transactions, we understand your need for real estate attorneys who are knowledgeable and proficient in the documentation, due diligence and closing of these types of specialized real estate finance matters. Our team members have this experience as well as extensive experience in representing clients in negotiating the defeasance practice. Due to our strong familiarity with the process and the players, we find that we are able to help our clients structure their real estate transactions in a way to help avoid unnecessary costs and delays at the time the transaction driving the defeasance closes.