Jasmine Chean is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office, where she focuses her practice on commercial and real estate litigation.
Ms. Chean has experience with contract disputes, complex commercial litigation, business breakups, partnership disputes, director and officer liability, indemnification matters, business torts, professional malpractice and commercial loan foreclosures. Ms. Chean has secured favorable outcomes for clients in state and federal court actions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Chean clerked for the Honorable Vera M. Scanlon of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Within the firm, Ms. Chean is among the New York office coordinators for the Women's Initiative.
While in law school, Ms. Chean was senior notes editor for the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law, an associate editor of the Fordham Law Moot Court Board, and a competitor of the Fordham Law Dispute Resolution Society. At Fordham, Ms. Chean was also part of the Consumer Litigation Clinic and a volunteer lawyer in the New York City Civil Court, where she represented clients in cases involving deceptive and unfair trade practices. In addition, she was a judicial intern in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Columbia University, B.A., Economics and Philosophy
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York American Inn of Court
- New York City Bar Association, Council on Judicial Administration, Secretary, 2018-2019
- Fordham University School of Law Moot Court, 2014-2016
- Dispute Resolution Society, Fordham University School of Law, 2014-2015
- Ruth Whitehead Whaley Scholar, Fordham University School of Law, May 2016
- Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, Fordham University School of Law, 2016
- Merit Scholarship, Fordham University School of Law, 2013-2016
- Denis McInerney Scholarship for Public Service, Fordham University School of Law, 2013-2016
- Dean's List, Columbia University, 2010-2011