Jasmine Chean is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office, where she focuses her practice on commercial and real estate litigation, government investigations and enforcement actions, white collar defense and internal investigations.
Ms. Chean has guided individual and corporate clients through investigations and litigation matters involving criminal, civil and regulatory compliance issues. In addition, she has a significant background in contract disputes, complex commercial litigation, business breakups, partnership disputes, director and officer liability, indemnification matters, business torts and professional malpractice. Ms. Chean has secured favorable outcomes for clients in state and federal court actions.
Within the firm, Ms. Chean co-chairs the Women's Initiative Affinity Group for the New York office.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Chean served as a judicial law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
While in law school, Ms. Chean was senior notes editor for the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law, an associate editor of the Fordham Law Moot Court Board and a competitor of the Fordham Law Dispute Resolution Society. She was also part of the Consumer Litigation Clinic and a volunteer lawyer in the New York City Civil Court, where she represented clients in cases involving deceptive, unfair or abusive practices. Ms. Chean also interned in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Columbia University, B.A., Economics and Philosophy
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York American Inn of Court
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Ruth Whitehead Whaley Scholar, Fordham University School of Law, May 2016
- Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, Fordham University School of Law, 2016
- Merit Scholarship, Fordham University School of Law, 2013-2016
- Denis McInerney Scholarship for Public Service, Fordham University School of Law, 2013-2016
- Dean's List, Columbia University, 2010-2011