Jeffrey Cleven is a partner in the Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on corporate and business law. He is well-versed in structuring, negotiating and documenting business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private offerings, licensing, employment and other agreements. Mr. Cleven works with companies in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, hospitality, government contracts, and professional services industries. Mr. Cleven also represents clients in the motion picture, television, publishing, and music industries.
Mr. Cleven acts as outside General Counsel and Special Counsel for a number of clients in a wide variety of businesses and counsels them on a variety of matters. The areas in which Mr. Cleven provides counsel include:
- General Corporate: Contracts, business, and general legal matters in connection with acquisitions, sales, joint ventures, licensing, manufacturing, distribution, intellectual property, employment, equity incentive and dispute avoidance and resolution
- Private Equity: Review of investment opportunities and advise on aspects of proposed equity participation
- Offerings: Advice in connection with private offerings and state and federal securities law compliance and preparation of documents and overseeing compliance matters
- Lending: Advice in connection with debt financing, and preparation and negotiation of loan documents, including credit agreements, security agreements, and senior and subordinated debt instruments
- Hospitality: Joint venture, operating, partnership, service, financing and related agreements
Mr. Cleven's professional experience also includes serving as in-house general counsel to a 100 employee interactive services company in Boston, Mass. In addition, prior to private practice, he was a law clerk in the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, a congressional aide in Washington, D.C., and served as a Peace Corps volunteer.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Syracuse University, MBA
- Hartwick College, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Massachusetts Bar Association