Matthew Fontane is a partner in Holland & Knight's Dallas office and co-chairs the firm's Financial Services Practice Group. He advises clients such as banks, hedge funds, financial institutions, business capital companies and private funds on a wide range of commercial finance matters. Mr. Fontane regularly handles transactional financing issues, including asset-based and cash flow lending; re-discount lending; mortgage-backed warehouse facility; subordinated debt and mezzanine financings; and real estate financing involving restructuring, workouts as well as other forms of debt and equity financing.
Mr. Fontane has extensive experience dealing with structured finance matters, such as structuring and documenting of re-discount lending and factoring. He also has an in-depth knowledge of resort financing, timeshare and fractional market financing for acquisition, development and construction costs, as well as receivable and inventory financing (both domestic and foreign) and warehouse and purchase facility financing related to domestic consumer lending.
In addition, Mr. Fontane counsels clients on issues involving subordinate debt lenders and senior lenders as agents, co-lenders and participants in syndicated financings, including working capital and acquisition financing. He also has substantive experience in refinances, workouts and foreclosures, and advises banks and business capital corporations on the acquisition of bulk financial assets.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D.
- Centenary College of Louisiana, B.A.
- American Resort Development Association (ARDA)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Risk Management Association, Texas Chapter
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, 2024
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2019, 2020; Securities Litigation & Enforcement, 2022-2023