Elizabeth M. Fortaleza is an estate administrator in Holland & Knight's Boston office and a member of the Private Wealth Services Group. Ms. Fortaleza is experienced in estate administration and trust administration services to high-net-worth clients, including assistance with the valuation of assets, preparing of estate and gift tax returns, and navigating assets through the probate process.
Ms. Fortaleza has experience assisting families with preparing estate and gift tax returns, probating estates with probate and family court, and guiding clients through trust administration. She is also experienced with filing estate, individual, trust and business tax returns.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Fortaleza was an attorney with a Boston boutique law firm, where she worked with various individual and business clients to resolve a variety of federal (IRS) and state tax controversies. She also assisted private charitable foundations, individuals and diverse business entities with representation, compliance and estate planning matters, including complex bespoke trusts for asset protection.
Prior to her legal career, Ms. Fortaleza was a teacher for two years in Mississippi as a member of Teach for America.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., Political Science and Economics, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 2015-Present; Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2023-Present; Taxation Law Section Council, 2021-Present; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, 2023-Present; Leadership Academy, 2022-2023
- Women's Bar Association, 2021-Present
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association, 2016-Present