Christine Fuqua Gay is a lawyer in Holland & Knight's Miami office who represents employers on a broad range of employment and labor law matters.
Ms. Gay focuses on labor and employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions on both the buy and sell side. She assists clients with understanding and mitigating employment-related risk and exposure in a variety of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, biotech and technology.
Ms. Gay also represents insureds and underwriters in connection with transactional risk products, including the issuances of representations and warranties (R&W) insurance policies.
In addition to corporate transactional work, Ms. Gay represents management clients in matters arising out of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and other federal, state and local laws, in addition to claims arising out of employment agreements. She drafts, defends and enforces employment agreements and restrictive covenant agreements, and she has experience defending against wage and hour actions arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Ms. Gay has represented numerous clients in claims brought under Title III of the ADA that deal with public accommodations, including claims related to websites. Additionally, Ms. Gay has extensive labor arbitration experience and has represented employers in numerous proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
In addition, Ms. Gay regularly provides training on sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation prevention, as well as employee discipline and termination, and performance evaluations.
Ms. Gay participated in Holland & Knight's 2016 Rising Stars program, an intensive and dynamic educational, leadership and marketing training program designed to promote women within the firm. She also serves as a coordinator for the Miami office's Women's Initiative.
While attending Brown University, Ms. Gay was a four-year varsity athlete on the women's crew team.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Brown University, B.A., American Civilization
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2016
- Most Effective Lawyer Finalist, Pro Bono, Daily Business Review, 2014
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2016
- Best Oralist, Best Brief and Best Overall by the Florida Supreme Court in the Intramural Final Four Moot Court Competition, 2004
- University of Florida Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Board, former President