Brian S. Goldenberg
Brian S. Goldenberg is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. Mr. Goldenberg focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, business torts, contract disputes, shareholder disputes, and personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
Mr. Goldenberg has experience representing clients in Florida state and federal courts, in arbitration proceedings, and in appellate proceedings in the Florida District Courts of Appeal and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Goldenberg was a litigation attorney in the Miami office of a national law firm, where his practice focused on commercial litigation, premises liability, personal injury and wrongful death, product liability, insurance coverage, and construction defect litigation.
During law school, Mr. Goldenberg was a judicial intern for the Honorable Adalberto Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and for the Honorable Elizabeth Kovachevich of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He also served as executive editor for the University of Miami Law Review and as the vice president of appellate advocacy for the Charles C. Papy Jr. Moot Court Board. Additionally, Mr. Goldenberg drafted appeals for indigent criminal defendants as a part of the Federal Appellate Clinic, and he worked as a research assistant for three professors, focusing on topics related to evidence, the federal sentencing guidelines, domestic violence, and mandatory mental-health disclosures in the legal profession.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Louisiana State University, M.A.
- Rollins College, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Commercial Litigation & Insurance Law Ones to Watch, 2022, 2023
- Iron Arrow Honor Society, the Highest Honor Attained at the University of Miami
- Order of Barristers, University of Miami School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Jack Ankus, J.D. '58 Memorial Award, University of Miami Law Review, 2016
- Book Award, Trusts & Estates Essentials, 2016
- Book Award, Substantive Criminal Law, 2015
- Book Award, Mastering Summary Judgment, 2015
- Book Award, Litigation Skills: Pretrial, 2015
- Book Award, Litigation Skills: Trial, 2015
- Litigation Skills Faculty Recognition Award, University of Miami School of Law, 2015
- Book Award, Administrative Law, 2014
- Book Award, Constitutional Law I, 2014
- Book Award, Torts, 2013
- Book Award, Legal Communication and Research I, 2013