Philip F. Head
Philip Head is a Nashville attorney who counsels real estate private equity funds, syndicators, developers, investors and owner-operators involved in the multifamily real estate sector in transactional matters. Negotiating the complex joint ventures and multitiered ownership structures necessary for sophisticated acquisition and financing vehicles, Mr. Head has closed apartment acquisitions, dispositions and refinancings with an aggregate value in excess of $9.5 billion.
Mr. Head has guided borrowers through the intricacies of financing multifamily properties through the:
- Freddie Mac Seller Services Program
- Fannie Mae Delegated Underwriting and Servicing product line
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)/Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insurance program
In addition to his multifamily experience, he assists developers, owners and tenants in the development and leasing of stand-alone and multitenant office, industrial, retail and healthcare properties.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., magna cum laude
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- International Council of Retail Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Recognized Practitioner, Real Estate (Tennessee), 2017-2019, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Project Finance Law, 2023; Real Estate Law, 2019-2023