Richard Hemingway is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston office. Mr. Hemingway focuses his practice on oil and gas matters.
Mr. Hemingway represents exploration and production companies, midstream companies and private equity groups with agreements relating to exploration and production activities and the acquisition and divestitures of oil and gas properties. Mr. Hemingway also has extensive experience in all aspects of title due diligence, title examinations and title opinions, including those related to drilling, production, acquisitions and finance.
- Representation of Carrier Energy Partners II LLC in the $145 million sale of its oil and gas assets in the Eagle Ford Shale
- Representation of Surge Energy (through its affiliate, Moss Creek Resources LLC) in the $420 million acquisition of producing properties in Howard County, Texas (approximately 18,500 net mineral acres) from Grenadier Energy Partners II LLC
- Representation of Surge Energy (through its affiliate, Moss Creek Resources LLC) in the $37.5 million bolt-on acquisition of producing properties in Howard and Borden Counties, Texas, from Apache Corp.
- Representation of Team Maria Joaquin LLC and Maria Joaquin Basin LLC in the $26.7 million purchase of producing properties in Santa Barbara and Kern Counties, California, from HVI Cat Canyon Inc.
- Representation of a Houston-based family of private companies in the $40 million sale of producing properties in Texas and Louisiana
- Representation of a Houston-based oil and gas company in the $55 million sale of its interest in producing oil and gas leases covering 71,000 acres of properties in the Permian Basin
- Representation of an individual in the $10 million sale of fee mineral interests in 240 counties/parishes in 22 states
- Representation of a Denver-based energy company in its $32.5 million purchase of a 32,000 acre ranch in Texas, with 10,600 net mineral acres and an adjoining 5,500 acre grazing lease
- Representation of a Texas-based oil and gas company in the $400 million sale of its producing Midland Basin assets
- Representation of an oil and gas company in the $130 million sale of its overriding royalty interest in more than 800 wells and 500,000 acres in Utica Shale
- Representation of a Houston-based oil and gas company in its $90 million sale of producing assets in Texas and Louisiana to a publicly traded exploration and production company
- Representation of a Houston-based oil and gas company in its $88 million sale of producing properties in the Permian Basin
- Representation of Carrier Energy Partners LLC in its $775 million sale, along with Panther Energy Company II LLC, of Permian Basin assets to RKI Exploration & Production LLC
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- The University of Texas School of Law, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law (TJOGEL), Board of Advisors, 2015-Present
- Greater Houston Partnership, Oil & Gas Subcommittee, 2013-Present
- American Association of Professional Landmen, 1982-Present
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Energy Law Section, 1980-Present
- Houston Bar Association, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section, 1980-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Natural Resources Law, Oil and Gas Law, 2014-2024
- The Legal 500 USA, Industry Focus: Energy: Transactions: Oil and Gas, 2016-2018
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, Energy & Natural Resources, 2012-2023
- Who's Who in Energy, Houston Business Journal