Anthony J. Herrera is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office and is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group.
Mr. Herrera possesses an extensive background representing clients in the structuring, negotiation, documentation and closing of a broad variety of lending and financing transactions. He is particularly skilled and knowledgeable in asset-based lending and other senior-secured debt transactions. Mr. Herrera advises several of the nation's largest banks as well as finance companies, hedge funds and other debt investors in their domestic and international lending transactions, across a broad range of industries.
A significant portion of Mr. Herrera's practice is dedicated to representing lenders in sponsor-backed credit facilities often involving multiple tranches of debt and complex intercreditor arrangements. Additionally, many of his engagements involve multijurisdictional and other complex cross-border components.
Mr. Herrera works closely with the firm's Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors' Rights professionals to structure and monitor a variety of sophisticated credit facilities at all stages of a transaction's life cycle, and he regularly advises clients and principally secured lenders, in restructurings, workouts and recapitalizations.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Denver, B.A., summa cum laude
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- The State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Energy Sections
- Association for Corporate Growth, Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter, Committee Chair
- Commercial Finance Association, Southwest Chapter, Advisory Board Member
- Leadership Arts Institute, Business Council for the Arts, 2012-2013