David D. Hornbeak is a Houston litigation attorney who focuses his practice on complex commercial and civil litigation in state and federal court. Mr. Hornbeak handles a wide variety of legal issues from both sides of the docket. His general litigation experience includes drafting pleadings, drafting and arguing motions, discovery management, alternative dispute resolution and settlement negotiations.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Hornbeak was a litigator with a Texas-based law firm in its Houston-area office. While there, he represented a diverse group of clients on matters pertaining to business disputes, insurance coverage, subrogation and construction defects.
During law school, Mr. Hornbeak served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Terry Jennings of Texas First District Court of Appeals. He also worked as a pro bono mediator throughout the Houston area and served as a coach on his law school's International Baseball Arbitration Competition team, a moot court-type competition based on Major League Baseball salary arbitration proceedings.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- Baylor University, B.A., Political Science and Speech Communication
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA), 2016-Present
- Houston Bar Association, 2017-Present
- International Justice Mission, Congressional District Mobilizer, 2019-Present
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- The Ben DeVries Achievement Award, Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2017