Madison Jaros is a real estate transactions attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Ms. Jaros assists clients with a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including retail and office commercial leasing, property acquisition and disposition, joint ventures and real estate financing transactions.
Ms. Jaros represents real estate funds, institutional lenders and investors in a variety of financing transactions, including construction financing, real estate portfolio loans and refinances. Her practice also includes the representation of commercial developers, real estate funds and insurance companies in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of investment-grade real estate properties, including shopping centers, data facilities and mixed-use developments.
In addition, Ms. Jaros has experience representing landlords and tenants in the negotiation and drafting of office and retail commercial leases. She also has experience and local knowledge with regard to the foreclosure process in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland.
- Represented an institutional real estate fund, acting as mezzanine lender, in connection with a portfolio loan of multifamily properties located throughout the southeastern and southwestern United States
- Represented an institutional real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition and disposition of a variety of properties, including shopping centers, self-storage centers and data centers
- Assisted a real estate investment trust (REIT) with the drafting and negotiation of easements in connection with the construction of a Class A data center development in northern Virginia
- Represented a real estate development company with the continued leasing of its upscale retail portfolio in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
- Represented a landlord in connection with the continued leasing of its first-class office portfolio located in the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section (RPTE)
- Dean's Circle Fellow, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2018-2020