Sophie X. Jin is an international business attorney in the firm's Washington, D.C., office. Ms. Jin focuses her practice on a broad range of complex international commercial, corporate and regulatory matters.
Ms. Jin passed the bar in China and has a solid understanding of the Chinese business and regulatory environments. Ms. Jin counsels a number of multinational companies conducting business in China, including, but not limited to:
- advising U.S. and European companies on the business operations of their Chinese subsidiaries
- assisting U.S. and European companies on China-related import and export matters
- counseling Chinese companies on their investment and other business activities in the U.S.
In addition, Ms. Jin represents U.S. and foreign companies on issues encountered in cross-border transactions, including, but not limited to:
- foreign direct investment matters
- import and export matters
- government investigations
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Jin served as a research fellow to the Hon. Marvin J. Garbis of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. While attending law school, Ms. Jin served as a research assistant to business law professor Donald C. Clarke.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors
- The George Washington University Law School, LL.M.
- Beijing Normal University, LL.B.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Washington Foreign Law Society, Co-Program Director
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Chinese - Mandarin