Jennifer L. Kifer is an attorney who helps lead a national team of attorneys, fiduciary accountants and paralegals who advocate on behalf of nonprofit organizations as beneficiaries of matured bequests in both contested and uncontested trust and estate matters. Her practice canvasses the entire nonprofit sector, including charitable, medical, religious and educational organizations, with the ultimate goal of following donor intent to accelerate and increase bequest revenue to those organizations. Her team's work also produces hundreds of productive fundraising and planned giving prospects for nonprofit organizations.
Ms. Kifer's diverse legal background also includes the areas of maritime and media law. In addition, she has extensive experience in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, labor and employment, healthcare, insurance, construction and business tort claims.
Previously, Ms. Kifer served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Timothy J. Corrigan at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. During law school, she was a legal intern to Justice Barbara J. Pariente at the Florida Supreme Court. Ms. Kifer graduated first in her law school class of 439.
Ms. Kifer has taught at several institutions, including the University of Phoenix, Florida State College at Jacksonville and the University of North Florida.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Flagler College, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Propeller Club of The United States, Port of Jacksonville, Vice-President of Communications, Board Member, 2014-2019
- Jacksonville Historic Naval Ship Association, Board Member, 2012-2016
- University of North Florida Pre-Law Program Board of Advisors, 2013-2016
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Bar Bulletin Committee, 2013-2014
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017
- Jacksonville's Top 30 Under 30, Future Leaders of Jacksonville, 2013
- Outstanding Volunteerism, Family Support Services of North Florida, 2013