Rafael Lafont is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office and a member of the firm's International and Cross Border Transactions Practice Group. Mr. Lafont focuses his practice in tax and corporate law.
Mr. Lafont has extensive experience on the international and national tax and foreign exchange consultancy, as well as the planning and execution of in-bound and out-bound investment projects, focusing on the areas of planning, consulting, foreign investment, litigation and on the application of agreements to avoid double taxation.
Mr. Lafont has participated in tax and custom advisory for local and international companies. In addition, he has been part of restructuring processes in important Colombian companies.
He often attends local and international conferences and seminars related to local and international taxes. Currently, he is a member of the Colombian Institute of Taxation Law and of the International Fiscal Association (IFA) in Colombia.
Before joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Lafont worked as a senior attorney in one of the most important taxation consulting firms in the world.
- Fundación Universidad del Norte, J.D.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Corporation Law Specialist
- Universidad de los Andes, LL.M., Tax Law Specialist
- University of Florida, B.A.
- Instituto Colombiano de Derecho Tributario, Diploma, International Taxation
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Taxation of Cross-Border Investment
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- International Tax Review, Indirect Tax Leader, 2020
- International Tax Review, Colombia Tax Leader, 2018-2019