Robert W. Lang is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. Mr. Lang is a member of the firm’s Private Wealth Services Section and actively participates in the section's Dispute Resolution Group. Mr. Lang's primary area of practice involves fiduciary dispute resolution and litigation affecting contested trusts and estates. Mr. Lang is experienced in Will and Trust contests as well as contested guardianship matters. Mr. Lang has been involved in some of the most sensitive and high-profile cases in his field. For example, Mr. Lang was admitted to appear pro hac vice in the New York County Surrogate's Court as a key member of the jury trial team propounding and defending the Will of Huguette Clark, in the matter of The Estate of Huguette M. Clark, File No. 1995 - 1375A. Mr. Lang has also previously been admitted to appear pro hac vice in Los Angeles, California, involving a breach of fiduciary duty action.
Mr. Lang is the co-chair for the Holland & Knight Mickey Rooney Elder Financial Abuse Pro Bono Project. Through this project, Mr. Lang provides legal services to elder adults to resolve damages caused by financial elder abuse. Mr. Lang provides pro bono assistance to those elder adults who would otherwise not have the financial ability to protect themselves.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Lang served as an assistant state attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida and also was a partner with a St. Petersburg law firm. Mr. Lang has obtained extensive jury and non-jury trial experience in both civil and criminal matters and has experience in real estate and title insurance litigation, as well as deals with general litigation matters.
Mr. Lang has served as an adjunct professor at Stetson University College of Law, where he has taught courses in Trial Advocacy and Florida Probate. Mr. Lang has also served as an instructor for the Mock Trial Team at Stetson University College of Law where he has led teams to multiple championships.
Mr. Lang is a life-long resident of St. Petersburg. He is a 2002 alumnus of Leadership St. Pete, and president of the Suncoasters of St. Petersburg, the official ambassadors for the city.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.A.
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Litigation Section, Real Estate Litigation Committee Webpage Editor
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Real Estate Litigation Committee
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Probate and Trust Litigation Committee
- Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council
- St. Petersburg Suncoasters President 2014-present
- Suncoast Estate Planning Council
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Trusts and Estates, 2018-2021
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated