Jacob J. Lawler is an Austin energy attorney who focuses on electric utility matters. Mr. Lawler's practice includes rate cases, applications for generation or transmission certificates of convenience and necessity (CCNs), sale or merger applications, legislative activities and rulemakings, as well as the drafting and negotiation of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) in the renewable energy space.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Lawler served as an attorney with the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC). While at the PUC, he represented agency staff in proceedings before the PUC and the State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH).
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- College of William & Mary, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Public Utility Law Section
- Austin Bar Association, Administrative Law Section
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020