Cynthia Tranell Lee
Cynthia Lee is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office who defends employers in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including allegations of discrimination, retaliation, harassment and wrongful discharge. Forward-thinking and insightful, Ms. Lee also assists clients with drafting employment policies and developing strategies to avoid the potential for litigation.
In addition to her employment practice, she has experience representing clients in breach of contract disputes, tort claims and civil rights claims brought under Section 1983.
Ms. Lee investigates labor and employment disputes and defends clients in lawsuits and charges brought under state and federal laws, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Previously, Ms. Lee gained valuable experience as a judicial law clerk for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi and the Fourth Judicial District Circuit Court of Mississippi. Additionally, she was an associate in the Litigation and Labor and Employment practice groups at Phelps Dunbar, LLP and served as an adjunct professor at the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Practicing pending admission to the Tennessee Bar; admitted to the Mississippi Bar only and practicing under the supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in Tennessee.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Alabama, Master of Social Work
- Jackson State University, B.A., magna cum laude
- All State Courts in Mississippi
- All U.S. District Courts in Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Young Lawyer Leadership Program; Young Lawyers Division, Scholars Program
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Access to Justice Commission, Commissioner