Koko Lewis is a senior public affairs advisor in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office and a member of the firm's Public Policy & Regulation Group.
Ms. Lewis fashions regulatory and legislative solutions for clients at the state and local level in Georgia. She focuses primarily in the areas of healthcare, tax incentives and economic development, transportation, and political law and regulatory compliance. Ms. Lewis' successes on behalf of clients include:
- representing a private developer in contested and heavily politicized proceedings before the Georgia General Assembly and Atlanta City Council and in the successful judicial bond validation proceedings relating to the public financing component of a $5 billion mixed-use development, the largest in Atlanta history
- lobbying on the team that stopped the state takeover of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in 2018-2019, including preparation of all public testimony and legal research
- authoring and preparing testimony opposing legislation that would have subjected a major Georgia hospital system to asymmetric and anti-competitive disclosure regulation
- counseling a Fortune 500 company on compliance with Georgia's Ethics in Government Act
- heading the successful advocacy effort that in 2017 led to the Georgia General Assembly passing compensation reform legislation for state court judges in the metropolitan Atlanta area
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Lewis served in the Georgia Senate Research Office and the office of immediate past President Pro Tempore and current Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Shafer. In these roles, she reported to Senate leadership on the impacts of federal court decisions on pending state legislation and provided updates on committee activity, as well as staffed meetings for the president pro tem and other members of leadership.
In addition, Ms. Lewis has been a trusted resource on various election campaigns. She previously assisted Sen. Shafer's campaign for Georgia lieutenant governor, in which she helped handle financial disclosures and regulatory compliance. She presently represents the majority caucus of the Georgia State Senate in compliance matters.
Ms. Lewis is a 2019 graduate of the Georgia State University College of Law and a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Georgia, B.A., History
- Rising Star, JAMES magazine - Top Lobbyist, 2019