Anya Martin is a labor and employment attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Ms. Martin assists employers in the healthcare, transportation, manufacturing and retail industries with a wide variety of employment-related issues, including claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Tennessee Human Rights Act (THRA), Tennessee Disability Act and the Tennessee Public Protection Act.
While in law school, Ms. Martin worked as a research assistant to Vice Provost Tracey E. George. She also served as an extern for the Honorable Sara L. Ellis of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Martin gained invaluable experience as a litigation paralegal at a large general service firm in Chicago, Illinois, where she focused on product liability litigation.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- The University of Chicago, B.A., Global Studies and International Relations, with honors
- Nashville Bar Association, 2023
- Napier-Looby Bar Association
- Semifinalist, Bass, Berry & Sims Moot Court Competition, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2022