Stacie Polashuk Nelson is a partner in Holland & Knight's San Francisco office and is a member of the firm's Private Wealth Services Group. Since 1998, Ms. Nelson has concentrated her practice on all aspects of contentious trust, estate and conservatorship matters. Her practice includes will and trust contests, accounting disputes, disputed conservatorships, breach of fiduciary duty matters, financial elder abuse matters, as well as trust and estate administration. She is an experienced trial attorney, but she is dedicated to finding the best resolution for the client, including client counseling, mediation, settlement negotiations and/or trial. Her administration practice focuses on assisting clients with post-death administration of trusts and estates and securing and protecting bequests made to individuals and charitable beneficiaries. Ms. Nelson’s clients include individuals, families, charities, and professional and institutional fiduciaries.
Ms. Nelson's experience includes some of the most sensitive and high-profile cases in her field. For example, she was admitted to appear pro hac vice in the New York County Surrogate's Court as a key member of the jury trial team propounding and defending the will of Huguette Clark, in the matter of The Estate of Huguette M. Clark, File No. 1995 - 1375A.
In addition, Ms. Nelson also devotes a portion of her practice to pro bono legal services and is the chair of the Holland & Knight Mickey Rooney Elder Financial Abuse Pro Bono Project for the San Francisco office. Through this project, Ms. Nelson and the San Francisco office provide legal services to elder adults who would otherwise not have the financial ability to protect themselves. In addition to her pro bono legal work, Ms. Nelson is active in her community and local charitable organizations.
- Estate of Dehgani-Fard, 141 Cal.App.4th 797 (2006)
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D.
- UCLA, B.A., Political Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- East Bay Trusts & Estate Lawyers
- Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley, Board of Directors
- San Francisco County Bar Association
- Alameda County Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Litigation Section, Co-Chair, 2007-2008
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Trust & Estate Section, Executive Committee, Past Member
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Litigation Subcommittee for the Trusts and Estates Executive Committee
- California Super Lawyers magazine, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, San Francisco Litigation - Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year, 2020
- Chambers High New Worth guide, Private Wealth Disputes: California, 2019, 2020
- Chambers High Net Worth guide, Private Wealth Law: Northern California, 2017, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Trusts and Estates, 2018-2021
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- Rising Star, Northern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2010