Olivia Vehslage O'Dwyer is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Boston office and a member of the firm's Labor, Employment and Benefits Group and Education Team. Ms. O'Dwyer's practice focuses on assisting private, public, commercial, nonprofit and educational employers with all aspects of labor and employment law and related litigation.
Ms. O'Dwyer has significant experience defending employers from allegations of discrimination, pay equity, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour violations, and contract disputes in state and federal court, as well as before federal, state and local administrative agencies such as the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). She also conducts internal investigations regarding allegations of sexual misconduct, as well as employment and compliance matters.
In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. O'Dwyer counsels employers on a wide range of workplace issues, including terminations, hirings, employee handbooks, leave policies and compliance with federal, state and local laws.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. O'Dwyer was an employment litigation attorney at a national law firm in its Boston office. Previously, she was a litigation attorney at a boutique firm in Boston, focusing primarily on employment law.
While in law school, Ms. O'Dwyer was a member of the Braxton Craven Moot Court Team, finishing as a semifinalist in the national competition.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Barnard College, Columbia University, B.A., English and Italian
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- All State Courts in Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association
- Rising Star, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2021-2023
- Dean's List Scholar, Barnard College, Columbia University, 2012-2016
- Tow Foundation Public Service Scholar, Barnard College, Columbia University, 2015